Taryn DeVeau Lautzenheiser
- Coached in the summers while in College and Law School.
- Started coaching at DeVeau’s in 2006
- What is unique about my coaching experience is that I am able to relate to the athletes as both a former DeVeau’s gymnast and a former DeVeau’s competitive cheerleader. Even more fun, I was coached by the same coaches who are still here today—Joan, Shannon, Amy, Don, Kim, and Tom. Now as a coach myself, It is amazing to still get to learn from them every day.
- My mother bounced on the trampoline the day before I was born because she was ready for me to come out. So I have done gymnastics and cheerleading for over 30 years!
- I love gymnastics because of the discipline and mental toughness it instills in children. There is no other sport that requires the same level of bravery, grit, determination, perseverance, strength and flexibility like gymnastics. Similarly, I love that competitive cheerleading takes those same amazing lessons from gymnastics while also teaching children how to work well with others and trust their teammates.
- I was a competitive gymnast up to Level 10 and a TOPS National Testing Qualifier. While still competing in gymnastics, I also competed in All-Star Cheerleading at DeVeau’s and for my high school. In college, I was selected to be a member of the University of Kentucky Cheerleading Team where I was a part of the 24-time National Championship Program.
- BBA in Business Marketing from the University of Kentucky, Magna Cum Laude
- Juris Doctor, University of Kentucky College of Law (top 10.4%)
- My mom (Joan DeVeau) founded DeVeau’s in 1982, and my husband, Luke, and I purchased the gym from her in 2019. Luke and I have 3 young children—Jackson, Drake, and Evie Grace, and a goldendoodle puppy named Derby.
- I was the top female in my graduating law school class from the University of Kentucky. After practicing law briefly, I realized how much I missed working with children and the sports I have always loved.